GATHERING OF WARBIRDS
Historic Military Aircraft TO SOAR AGAIN MAY 25
Airplanes dating back to World War II and the Korean War will be in the air over Waukesha and on the ground at the Waukesha County Airport. The Gathering of Warbirds is a family-friendly event featuring historic and modern military aircraft, aircraft tours and rides, and education activities for all ages. It’s aimed at anyone who enjoys seeing aircraft and fighter jets fly throughout the day.
Aircraft presentations and tours will provide hands-on opportunities for families and aviation history buffs alike. Miss Mitchell, a restored B-25 Mitchell and the type of aircraft used in the Doolittle Raid, will be at the event and will offer tours and flight experiences.
Visit our Facebook page for the latest news on the event!
Booking Aircraft Rides
You can book a ride in these historic aircraft and experience what it was like to be a military pilot! All flights include a pre-flight briefing with experienced, commercial-rated pilots. You'll have the opportunity to ask questions about the aircraft and its operational history. By booking a flight, you're getting to experience flying in an authentic WW II aircraft and you’re helping to preserve them!
May 24 & 25 B-25 Ride
Saturday, May 25, 2019
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Waukesha County Airport
Waukesha, WI 53188
(Parking opens at 10 a.m.)
FAQS FOR ATTENDEES
Here are a few facts and tips to help you enjoy the event to the fullest. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have more questions.
- All attendees enter the event from Aviation Road, which is off of Northview Road, Waukesha, WI 53188. Parking opens at 10:00 a.m.
- The cost is $20 per vehicle (or motorcycle) paid when you park (cash only) and includes entrance into the event for everyone in the vehicle. Semi-trucks and buses are prohibited. Handicap parking is available. Parking opens at 10:00 a.m.
- Your entrance fee also includes one entry to WIN a ride in our Fairchild PT-26 (at a later date)! Stop by our membership and rides tent to learn how to enter to win this amazing flight.
- Flying instead of driving? Please contact Atlantic Aviation or Stein’s directly about parking your aircraft and any associated fees. No visiting aircraft may taxing or park on the event ramp.
- Per FAA requirement, there is waivered airspace and a temporary flight restriction (TFR) from 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. during which time the FAA prohibits any and all arrivals or departures at the Waukesha County Airport. Visiting aircraft may only park in front of airport terminals at Atlantic Aviation or Stein Aircraft ramp. No exceptions.
- Absolutely no smoking is allowed. This includes e-cigarettes.
- This is a no-fly zone for drones.
- No pets allowed. Service animals are welcomed, but not allowed on the ramp close to the aircraft. Service animals are individually trained to do work or personal tasks for persons with disability. Comfort or emotionally support animals are not service animals.
- No weapons.
- If you are sensitive to loud noise, you may want to bring ear plugs as our aircraft will be flying all day!
- Staying hydrated is important. You will be able to purchase bottled water for $1 at our merchandise tent. That's a deal! Additional beverages and food will be sold by Delafield Brewhaus (cash only).
- Portable chairs are allowed into the event, but there is limited grassy areas where chairs can be placed (chairs are not allowed on the ramp by the aircraft). There will be no general seating provided.
- Wear sunscreen as there are no shaded areas and we’re planning on seeing that beautiful sun all day!
- Wear comfortable shoes. The event covers a large area and you’ll take many steps before the day is done.
- Appreciate all the aircraft, but don't touch the aircraft. Many aircraft in static displays have bits and pieces that can be damaged, broken, bent, etc. if you don't know what you're doing. Never touch an aircraft unless someone in authority invites you to do so. Never move a propeller and keep clear of the "prop" at all times.
- Get your questions ready! Our aircraft owners or representatives are often at the static displays. Most people are very proud of their airplanes and they'll be happy to answer your questions.
- Photography is welcomed as we invite all attendees to take pictures of these remaining relics of American aviation history. Any photos or videos of Commemorative Air Force (CAF) aircraft may be taken and used for non-commercial purpose. Contact us to receive permission to copyright any photos/video or use the work for a commercial purpose.
Our Generous Supporters
Special thanks to partners helping to make this event a success